Both members and non-members are invited to become active participants in the PMI Olympia Chapter and earn PDU credits by becoming a volunteer. It’s not too late! Appointments are made throughout the year, as opportunities become available.
Interested in becoming more involved but you’re not sure how much time is required or what you’d be doing? The PMI Olympia Chapter has different opportunities available and the hours and skills required for each opportunity are different. There’s a volunteer opportunity to fit everyone’s busy schedule!
If you are interested in being considered for a volunteer position, please complete and submit a volunteer application. Your application will be received by the Chapter Vice President and will be brought to the attention of all teams who need assistance. Before assignments are made, you will be contacted to discuss the opportunities available and given the option of either accepting or declining the opportunity!
Need some motivation before you volunteer? You’ve come to the right place! Here are some of the benefits you can receive by volunteering!
- Expand your skills in project management by working outside your normal role as a sponsor, project manager, program manager, or team member on a PMI Olympia team.
- Be part of a team of project management professionals who are working to provide project management knowledge and opportunities to our Chapter.
- Get ‘real-life’ hands-on experience that you can add to your resume.
- Meet project management professionals in industries, organizations, and jobs other than your own.
- Earn PDU credits!
- Advance theproject management profession and our area’s businesses understanding of the importance of project management.
- Gain insight into the inner workings of PMI Chapter activities and contribute your knowledge and insight to streamline and improve our processes and procedures.
- Take pride in accomplishment! When you volunteer, you’re doing your part to improve the practice of project management.
Complete this Volunteer Information form and send it to the Deputy Vice President.
Thank you for supporting PMI Olympia!